Saturday, September 15, 2012

August 30, 2012 Laughter is the best medicine!

Laughter is the best medicine!

I’m trying to figure out how to get to the point that this crazy carcinoma my husband has contracted wasn’t detected even after having CAT scans, blood work and a sinus dialation.  He has had a sinus infection for approximately 10 months…you said what…yes 10 months of snot!  He has had the best care all along.  There is only so much you can do with antibiotics, steroids, Allegra, Nasonex, Tylenol Sinus & Allergy, he’s tried everything but the Jack & Coke!  And even as I sit here I’m bored with the subject of sinus infections, drugs, snot and cancer.

Let’s move on…those of you that know me know I am often times “unfiltered”.  I don’t try to be, I honestly try to watch what I say and the TONE that I say it.  Trevor and I have had this discussion several times, it’s all about the tone.  He may say something and I interpret it wrong because of his tone.  But the tone of his voice determines if we are about to have a discussion or if I’m about to go monkey butt crazy on him because “where did you put?”  gets interpreted into “it’s your fault I can’t find”  I think he gets it, but other times I’m not so sure.  He is the youngest of 3, I’m the oldest of 5.  He’s the baby and I’m spoilt (yes spoilt, not spoiled there is a difference, I don’t stink like spoiled milk).  He will take a tone with his mom that makes my skin crawl and she doesn’t say a word.  I may have said something to her about it before because I don’t take having the tone used with me.  She may have said she just ignores it…Boy could I learn somethings from her if his tone didn’t gripe me so much.

I have come to terms that I’m not the best communicator tough so I can see where a tone may be needed.  But don’t ask me a simple question and imply a tone, I’ll go 9 kinds of crazy undone and all he wanted to know is do we have milk.  In retrospect, man don’t I feel dumb for acting so nuts…it’s hormones, that’s my go to answer for almost everything that I don’t want to own up to.  I can even muster up a little chuckle thinking about it…
When it comes to chuckling there seem to be people around me chuckling or laughing out loud when I’m around.  At the age of 41, I’m taking it in stride, I’m comfortable in my skin-FINALLY, although half the time I don’t know what’s so funny.  I have a friend that 90% of the time we are having an audible conversation she is laughing and if she is laughing out loud, she’s peed on herself…that could be why we do ALOT of texting.  I don’t set out to be funny it’s just dumb funny things happen to me and it seems people are laughing.  Refer to 1st post about me falling down steps at school jacking up my foot and sweet, cute, young, carpool moms see the whole thing.  The funny part is the cutest sandals in the world that I got a GREAT deal on, I can’t wear because my foot is still jacked up.  The other funny part is the cute carpool mom that witnessed the event and wanted to help me and  swears she does that all the time…well while I was driving to get an xray on my foot, who do I see running? That’s right that cute mom and she doesn’t look like she’s got the road rash I do from taking a tumble in the TCA parking lot.

The people that make me laugh the most are my siblings and watching and listening to my kids.  My brothers are hysterical.  Those of you in the 901 area code call Craig’s Pest Control tell him you need a good belly laugh and after he figures out he’s talking to a nimrod, he will make you laugh so hard you’ll want to call him everyday to come pick up stray dogs in your neighborhood.  You can find him on my fb page!  My youngest brother could take his act on the road but nursing is paying his bills in San Diego, so next time you’re on the west coast look him up, his name is Richard Harchfield.  My middle brother is very dry and I never know if he’s serious until the moment has past.  My sister is hilarious too but she’s even more funny when she laughs at her own jokes.  Usually when we’re together we’re laughing about childhood memories or people we once knew that now we’re like…”what kind of yo-yo does that?!”

Trevor’s family is hilarious in it’s own right.  When Mrs. Nola laughs, she laughs til she cries and so does Trevor’s sister Angela.  Trevor and Chad laugh but generally they are laughing at the escapades of their nephews.  Don’t get me wrong they both do alot of laughing at their own children.  But their nephews are older and it seems the things that they are attempting or succeeding at in their redneck adventures are things that Chad and Trevor may have tried at one time too!  Mr. Dale laughs at all of it, all his grand kids make him laugh from futile night fishing attempts to catching frogs with girls or being made into a princess, he’s chuckling all the way.

I believe that over the next week and a half we’ll be doing alot of laughing together. But it’s going to be up to all of us to keep Trevor laughing as his body is being ravaged by chemo and radiation as it eradicates this crazy illness.

Laugh Hard, Love More and Pray Without Ceasing!

I John 5:14-15  “This is the confidence we have before Him, that if we ask anything according to His will , He hears us.  And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests we have asked from Him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment