Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Quickly...but more to come later

AS I write quickly because I wanna try to catch you up on a synopsis basis because Trevor and I are going to watch the new Duck Dynasty and I don't wanna have to rewind or DVR... Trevor finished his chemo/radiation 10/26...his radiation burns around his neck are getting better. His new skin underneath the burned looks really good. He only has to shave maybe a couple times a week. I've tried that and it isn't comfortable unless I sleep in leggins and I get too hot to do that but I HATE to shave while it's cold. Those of you waiting for snow, this is the time of year I wanna be on a beach getting my Vitamin D! Anyway, Trevor was losing bits of hair around his neck line so his nephew went ahead and buzzed his head back to his summer "do". So if you know my man, his summer hair is buzzed with a #1 or #2 guard. So it's really short and the white hairs show a lot more the shorter it is! 15 years of me and my 40 year old man is white haired...SEXY, I tell ya! Moving on...the Physical Rehabilitation Department at JMCGH did a GREAT job doing the Run Hard/Fight Harder 5k 1 mile Fun Run. I can't give enough praise and thanks to the volunteers and sponsors that made this event so successful. Over 277 people pre-registered and then on race day, I don't know how many more. It was so good to see old friends and making new ones. My husband is a well respected man in his profession and a loved man by many. Our family has been so blessed with a Godly family, with encouraging and Godly friends and especially encouraging and Godly co-workers in all of our work places. Be thinking about what you have learned through my family's cancer experience. I'll share what I have learned over the past 16 weeks. Psalms 34:17 "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them from out of all their troubles"

No comments:

Post a Comment