Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Birthday Wishes...

Today, March 13 is my man's 41st birthday.  When we were about to turn 40, several people commented that 40 is the new 30, or 40 is when you come into your own,  40's are great...you get the picture.  When my man turned 40, he was recovering from a deer stand altercation with 3 compression fractures in his back.  Today he is 41 and lying in a hospital bed getting his last round of chemo.  So far his 40's have been very memorable but nothing that anyone else wants to experience. 

Through the past 18 months I have learned so much about the character of my husband. he hasn't faltered in his beliefs or morals.  He has endured much physical and emotional pain with no complaining or whining, except by me.  He has sustained me with encouraging words when I have come undone over the small things, like laundry.  My husband has made me laugh.  Watched me when I cried, then wiped my tears and hugged me tight.  He has watched me succeed and seen me fail.  Trevor has cheered me on and kept me strong.  I have wanted some of those qualities to rub off on me, kinda like a chameleon changes color. 

 Now that we are on the back side of this situation, we are continuing to look forward.  Forward being soccer for Eli and also at the last minute, baseball.  Yep, my boy decided to play and we are looking forward to a great season on a team with a new coach and new team mates.  Those of you that know me know that I will have to make a blanket apology before the season begins.  If you sit next to me at practice or games and I offend you by cheering loudly, I apologize but don't sit by me if you don't want to be offended.  If you choose to sit beside me and continue to get offended then you must be a glutton for punishment because every child deserves a cheer leader and if you as a parent aren't willing to encourage/cheer for your child, I will!  Eli is also playing soccer.  He loves it and seems to be good.  I know NOTHING about soccer.  I'm just now getting a handle on off-sides but other than that I'm lost unless a goal is scored. 

Neely plays piano, whick is not very competitive so she's happy as a lark.  It also isn't a team sport so she's good.  She wants to try gymnastics but again that's a competitive sport and people watch you.  She so isn't like her brother, she doesn't want people looking at her or watching her.  He wants as much attention as he can get!  She has been such a mother and nurse maid for her daddy.  She wants to be sure he's comfortable and taken care of.  She will be a great wife and mother...one day...a long time away...at least 20 years!

As we prepare for spring and summer, Trevor already tilled the garden last week so when he gets his strength back we'll be ready to start putting in the garden by April.  When it snowed a couple of weeks ago, he was digging holes for us to plant grape vines and fruit trees.  We got those planted and will probably have peaches this summer.  He didn't get to deer hunt or duck hunt much at all this fall and winter and he probably won't get to turkey hunt too much either.  It's kinda warm during turkey season (it's sad that I know this) and when he gets too warm or hot, he get nauseous.  And we all know nausea us no fun.  While it was snowing and he was digging holes for fruit trees, he had taken off his coat and sweat shirt and was digging in  short sleeves because he got hot.  We live in the Mid-South where it's hot and humid so Trevor's summer could be adjusted to inside things.  Hopefully the side effects of the chemo will have expired by the time it gets good and hot/humid and he'll be able to fish, hunt and water ski as well as play ball with Eli. 

My wish for him is that this week and next go as well as his previous treatment.  He has the patch to put on Friday morning before he leaves the hospital.  I wish that his recovery be speedy with no more bumps.  That his swallowing get better and better and that the feeding tube will come out soon.  I wish is that he will be able to eat all the foods he has watched Guy Fieri prepare and eat on DDD!  (That's a great bday idea...get Guy Fieri to come cook for him this summer when he can eat....hmmm...)

A friend of mine shared a verse with me that she has continued to pray over him, this is truly my birthday wish for him...thanks KV!  Jeremiah 30:17  "For I will restore you to health and I will heal you of your wounds."

 Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband, the man God gift wrapped especially for me, the father that my babies are blessed to have as their own and the man that warms my bed at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment